TRSL Board receives results of retiree election; run-off to be held
July 8, 2022
At its July meeting, the TRSL Board of Trustees received voting results for the retiree election.
As no candidate received more than 50% of the vote, a run-off election will be held with the top two candidates who received the most votes in the primary.
Moving forward in the run-off will be James A. Taylor Sr., J.D., Ph.D. (Baton Rouge) with 31.66% of the vote and Dr. Sheryl R. Abshire (Spring, Texas) with 29.34% of the vote. Additional voting results are as follows:
- Donald Songy of Prairieville received 9.98% of the vote.
- Terry Young of Metairie received 7.98% of the vote.
- Jaqualine “Jackie” McGee of Bossier City received 5.08% of the vote.
- Scott Herrington of Heflin received 3.44% of the vote.
- Mrs. Juanita Hall of Carencro received 3.18% of the vote.
- Cherryl C. Matthews of Baton Rouge received 2.88% of the vote.
- Bob Crowley of New Orleans received 2.57% of the vote.
- Michael DiCarlo of Ruston received 1.87% of the vote.
- Irvin R. West, Ed.S. of Hammond received 1.85% of the vote.
Run-off results will be announced at the TRSL board meeting in September. The candidate receiving the most votes will represent retired TRSL members for a four-year term beginning January 2023.