TRSL Board receives results of retiree election; run-off forthcoming
July 9, 2021
Baton Rouge — At its July meeting, the TRSL Board of Trustees received voting results for the retiree election.
As no candidate received more than 50% of the vote, a run-off election will be held with the top two candidates who received the most votes in the primary.
Moving forward in the run-off will be Clyde F. Hamner (Houma) with 22.57% of the vote and Debbie Meaux (Lafayette) with 11.29% of the vote. Additional voting results are as follows:
- Donald Songy of Prairieville received 10.92% of the vote.
- Terry Young of Metairie received 9.55% of the vote.
- Nita Chambers of Alexandria received 5.30% of the vote.
- Vickey Range, Ed.S. of Bossier City received 4.89% of the vote.
- Jaqualine Re’Nee McGee of Bossier City received 4.31% of the vote.
- Irvin R. West, Ed.S. of Hammond received 4.28% of the vote.
- Gloria Williams Hearn of Pineville received 4.23% of the vote.
- Linda F. Clarke, Ph.D. of Austin, TX received 3.81% of the vote.
- Robert Lawyer of New Orleans received 3.18% of the vote.
- Scott Herrington of Heflin received 2.82% of the vote.
- Sharon Parsons, Ph.D. of W. Palm Beach, FL received 2.57% of the vote.
- John Angelos of Baton Rouge received 2.15% of the vote.
- John H. Ristroph of Lafayette received 2.00% of the vote.
- Darlene Maumus Cockfield of Paoli, PA received 1.95% of the vote.
- Kevin J. Guitterrez of Kenner received 1.93% of the vote.
- Jennifer L. Gary of Lafayette received 1.91% of the vote.
Run-off results will be announced at the TRSL board meeting in September. The candidate receiving the most votes will represent retired TRSL members for a four-year term beginning January 2022.