Are you eligible for Social Security benefits? If so, you'll want to attend this workshop. We'll go over the basics about your TRSL benefit...PLUS, we'll cover two federal laws that may offset your Social Security benefit — Government Pension Offset (GPO) and Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP).
You'll get answers to these questions (and more):
- How is my TRSL benefit calculated?
- When am I eligible to get my TRSL benefit?
- What are Social Security offsets?
- Will my Social Security benefits be affected by my TRSL retirement?
- What should I ask the Social Security Administration?
- How do I contact the Social Security Administration?
Keep in Mind:
- Individual benefit estimates are NOT provided at this workshop. To calculate a benefit estimate with our online calculator, visit Member Access, or complete and submit to TRSL a Benefit Estimate Request (Form 10).
For any workshop/webinar questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRSL & Social Security - Calcasieu Parish
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Calcasieu Parish School Board Office, Boardroom
3310 Broad Street
Lake Charles, LA
TRSL & Social Security - Bossier Parish
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Bossier Parish Instructional Center
2719 Airline Drive
Bossier City, LA
TRSL & Social Security - Orleans Parish
Thursday, June 25, 2020
University of New Orleans (UNO), University Center
2000 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70148
- The workshop will be held in the University Center, 2nd floor, Atchafalaya Room #208.
- For a map of UNO's campus, click here.