Are you eligible for Social Security benefits? If so, you'll want to attend this workshop. We'll go over the basics about your TRSL benefit...PLUS, we'll cover two federal laws that may offset your Social Security benefit — Government Pension Offset (GPO) and Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP).
You'll get answers to these questions (and more):
- How is my TRSL benefit calculated?
- When am I eligible to get my TRSL benefit?
- What are Social Security offsets?
- Will my Social Security benefits be affected by my TRSL retirement?
- What should I ask the Social Security Administration?
- How do I contact the Social Security Administration?
Approximate time length: 2 hours (Also available as a 30-minute Member Webinar)
TRSL & Social Security - Bossier Parish
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Bossier Parish Instructional Center
2719 Airline Drive
Bossier City, LA
TRSL & Social Security - Rapides Parish
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Louisiana Special Education Center, TFLC Room
5400 Coliseum Boulevard
TRSL & Social Security - Lafayette Parish
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Clifton Chenier Center Auditorium, Bldg. C (near Library)
220 West Willow Street
TRSL & Social Security - Jefferson Parish
Thursday, April 19, 2018
JPPSS Administration Building
501 Manhattan Blvd.
TRSL & Social Security - Calcasieu Parish
Monday, April 23, 2018
Calcasieu PSB Office, Boardroom
3310 Broad Street
Lake Charles, LA