Are you eligible for Social Security benefits? If so, you'll want to attend this workshop. We'll go over the basics about your TRSL benefit...PLUS, we'll cover two federal laws that may offset your Social Security benefit — Government Pension Offset (GPO) and Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP).
You'll get answers to these questions (and more):
- How is my TRSL benefit calculated?
- When am I eligible to get my TRSL benefit?
- What are Social Security offsets?
- Will my Social Security benefits be affected by my TRSL retirement?
- What should I ask the Social Security Administration?
- How do I contact the Social Security Administration?
Keep in Mind:
- Individual benefit estimates are NOT provided at this workshop. To calculate a benefit estimate with our online calculator, visit Member Access, or complete and submit to TRSL a Benefit Estimate Request (Form 10).
For any workshop/webinar questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRSL & Social Security - St. Landry Parish
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
St. Landry Parish Resource Center
1013 East Creswell Lane
- Registration has been closed and we will be unable to accept walk-ins at this location. If you have any questions, email us at retire.edu@TRSL.org.
TRSL & Social Security - Bossier Parish
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Bossier Parish Instructional Center
2719 Airline Drive
Bossier City, LA
TRSL & Social Security - Ouachita Parish
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
University of LA Monroe (ULM)
Kitty DeGree Hall, Nursing Auditorium
700 University Avenue
- The Hall is located on the corner of University Avenue and Claiborne Street.
- Click here to view a campus map.