Employers play an important role in the retirement process. To make sure you have all the information you need, TRSL offers a number of employer training opportunities throughout the year. These resources include our annual annual employer training, online training sessions through convenient web-conferencing, on-site training at your request, and orientation resources for new hires.
We encourage you to take advantage of these great opportunities to freshen up your retirement knowledge and get answers to your reporting questions.
Annual employer training
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all training sessions are being conducted virtually (via GoToWebinar).
|2021 Annual employer training|
|For (traditional) state agencies that do not teach PreK-12 students.||View presentation||View agenda||Click here to access
|For higher ed institutions without lab schools.||View presentation||View agenda||Click here to access
|K-12, Charter, Lab, & State-run schools||
For state-run schools and
|View presentation||View agenda||Click here to access
- Topic-specific online training sessions are offered via GoToMeeting throughout the year.
- These meetings are particularly beneficial to new staff members who are responsible for reporting and certifications.
- Sessions begin at 10 a.m. and usually last about 30 minutes.
- Attendees receive an invitation with instructions on how to enter the online meeting site.
Click the icons below to view a PDF or watch a previously recorded webinar presentation. To view the
webinar, you will need to provide your name and email address.
|2021 Legislative Updates|
|DROP Fact vs Fiction|
|Eligibility & Enrollments|
|Optional Retirement Plan|
|Return to Work|
|Road to Retirement...made simple|
Employer training/assistance (on-site training)
Employer training is currently being conducted virtually.
To schedule a virtual training session, contact Heather Landry at 225-925-7093 or
Sharon Lachney at 225-925-4097. (In your request, please include what type of assistance is needed.)
Upon request, we’ll provide on-site, customized employer training:
- Retrieval, review, and completion of outstanding questionable year reports (to certify data for benefit computation and eligibility service credit)
- Completion of sick leave data reporting (using online update programs and information on electronic file submissions)
- Completion of annual leave data reporting (for colleges, universities, technical colleges, and state agencies only)
- Information gathering (retrieving or collecting back years and current year data)
- Inputting and updating data using TRSL’s online tools and reports
- Monthly reporting and salary corrections
- Eligibility and enrollments
- Return-to-work reporting
- Comprehensive training and more
Orientation resources (for your new hires)
Download and print this desktop "Welcome" to introduce your new employees to TRSL's online resources, like Member Access and eNews updates: