Registering for FTP
- Complete the Electronic Reporting Registration (Form 18). Instructions to help employers complete Form 18 are available in the Employer Procedures Manual, Index 18 (Electronic Services).
- Form 18 can be faxed (225-925-4634) or mailed to Technical Support HelpDesk, Teachers' Retirement System of Louisiana, P.O. Box 94123, Baton Rouge, LA, 70804-9123.
Before access to TRSL's FTP site can be allowed, the IP address of the sending computer must be registered at TRSL. For information about registering, see instructions above.
- Go to the FTP site
- Double click on the "incoming" folder
- Copy and paste the files into the "incoming" folder
- Note: Files will not be visible by the sender
Sending encrypted files to TRSL
TRSL requires all employers or agencies to send or receive encrypted files only. To send an encrypted file to TRSL, please contact TRSL to request our public key. Employers must use software compatible with .pgp encryption. Detailed information is also available in Index 18 of the Employer Procedures Manual. Please e-mail the TRSL Technical Support HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
File layouts for FTP with encryption
Access to the file layouts is restricted to employers who have registered with TRSL for computer access. Standards for submitting an employer/agency input file to TRSL are as follows:
- Each file must be text (ASCII) fixed-length records, including carriage return (CR) and line-feed (LF) delimiters
- File names must conform to the naming conventions given in the transaction layout
- The preferred file transmission method is via the Internet using FTP:
- To submit by FTP requires access to TRSL’s FTP server, see the "Registering for FTP with encryption" section at top of this page.
- Files sent via other acceptable secure electronic media must be mailed in a protective package to Teachers' Retirement Sytem of Louisiana (TRSL), PO Box 94123, Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9123.
Need more information?
Index 18 - Electronic Services