2022 TRSL Board Elections
Retiree election underway
Eligible voters* can vote in the 2022 retiree election online, by phone, or by paper ballot
- Online: TRSLVotes.org
- Phone: 1-877-245-9347
- Paper ballot: Return your marked ballot in the provided return envelope to YesElections. Ballot must be received by voting deadline.
Retiree candidates: (Click here to view candidate statements)
- Dr. Sheryl R. Abshire
- Bob Crowley
- Michael DiCarlo
- Mrs. Juanita Hall
- Scott Herrington
- Cherryl C. Matthews
- Jaqualine "Jackie" McGee
- Donald Songy
- James A. Taylor, Sr., J.D., Ph.D.
- Irvin W. West, Ed.S
- Terry Young
Need assistance or your voting PIN? Contact YesElections at 1-866-384-9978 or email TRSLsupport@yeselections.com
Active member elections
- District 1: Must be an active member of TRSL who is employed in Ascension, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, or St. John the Baptist parish (includes members who are participating in DROP or working after DROP).
- District 7: Must be an active member of TRSL who is employed in Acadia, Calcasieu, Cameron, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Mary, or Vermilion parish (includes members who are participating in DROP or working after DROP).
- Colleges and Universities: Must be an active member of TRSL who is employed by a state college or university in Louisiana (includes members who are participating in DROP or working after DROP).
- Superintendents: Must be an active member of TRSL who is employed as a parish or city superintendent (includes members who are participating in DROP or who are working after DROP).
Elections by year
TRSL holds elections each year to fill the seats of trustees whose terms are expiring. Elected board members serve four-year terms.
- 2022 (For terms expiring 12/31/22): Colleges & Universities, District 1, District 7, Retirees, and Superintendents
- 2023 (For terms expiring 12/31/23): District 2, District 3, and District 4
- 2024 (For terms expiring 12/31/24): District 5 and District 6
- 2025 (For terms expiring 12/31/25): School Food Service and Retirees