6.5: Questionable Years Outstanding Report
Last Revised: Feb 1, 2016
In addition to the Questionable Years After 2006 report produced annually beginning with fiscal year 2007, the Questionable Years Outstanding report is also available online. This report is not limited to the 2006/2007 fiscal year and forward; it contains members who have any years identified as questionable based on our Questionable Year Criteria.
Beginning with FY 2007 records, employers must correct/certify Questionable Year data using TRSL’s online processes (see Indices 4.6, 6.1, and 6.2) within three (3) years of posting. Questionable Years updated after the three year timeline, which results in a change in service credit, may result in actuarial charges to the employer.
Questionable Year Criteria
Action to be Taken
- Annual earnings decreased more than 5% from previous year.
- 1st year of employment for an employer / 1st year of employment after DROP.
- Changed employer / terminated during the fiscal year.
- Partial year of service credit not previously certified.
- Log onto TRSL’s Employer/Member Information Site (EMIS) and click on “Questionable Years Outstanding” under Reports.
- Choose “Sort Selection” (FY, SSN or SSN, FY).
- Click “Select.”
- The report:
- Sorts priority records on the first page(s), called the Retirement Actions Pending section. This section of the report identifies members who have an official request on file at TRSL (such as a retirement/DROP application, purchase or transfer of service application, benefit estimate request, or other priority status). Therefore, these questionable years should be worked first.
- Allows you to view, print, and sort data
- Provides an area for you to make notes on printed report
- Refreshes data after Questionable Year(s) are corrected/certified
- Includes statistical data such as original count, current count, and percent complete
- Process certifications/corrections online as needed (see Indices 4.6, 6.1, and 6.2).
- Re-run report to monitor progress and/or determine if all Questionable Years have been cleared. This report can be run anytime and as often as needed.